Monday, June 4, 2012

Quinoa, Beef and Portobello Mushrooms stuffed Bell Peppers.



A few years ago I didn't like bell peppers, I don't really know why. But now I do like bell peppers, in fact I love bell peppers.It took me a few years, but by tasting them in different recipes I guess my palate just got used to the taste and I don't regret it because now I like to put bell peppers in almost everything I cook especially in the summer! So the recipe is not vegetarian, it could be healthy -if you get rid of the ton of Swiss cheese I added on my bell pepper- but it's perfect because even if it looks rich and fat it's actually pretty light - but only if you're reasonable enough not to eat more than one!-



Ingredients:

- 4 Bell peppers
-200g quinoa
-1 cup water
-200g ground beef
-100g Portobello mushrooms
-1 onion
-Swiss cheese
-Parsley
-salt, pepper
-1 tbsp vinegar
-olive oil

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 450F. Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Put them in a large dish and drizzle with olive oil. Put in oven for 40 minutes.
2) In a sauce pan, cook 200g quinoa with 1 cup salted water for about 12 minutes. 
3) Meanwhile, cut 1 onion. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and  add the cut onion. Add 1 tbsp vinegar to caramelize the onions. 
3) Saute 100gr Portobello mushrooms with the caramelized onions, parsley, salt and pepper for a few minutes.
4) Mix in 200gr ground beef and cook the whole mixture over medium heat for a few minutes.
5) When the quinoa is cooked, add it in the frying pan and stir with all the other ingredients.
6) Remove the bell peppers from the oven and stuff them with the mixture.
7) Put back in a 375F oven for about 10 minutes.
8) Remove from oven and add a pinch of shredded Swiss cheese on each bell pepper.

Enjoy, K.

No comments: