Sunday, May 13, 2012

Strawberry yogurt Mousse and Coconut Chantilly.


Here I am with my mousses again. But this one is different because it's healthy! Strawberries and yogurt! In fact I had so many strawberries in my fridge I didn't really know what to do with them so I thought why not make what I love so much: a strawberry mousse! and to make it "healthier" I've replaced the whipping cream with yogurt and I've tried to convince myself that this recipe was fat-free and healthy but the whipping cream I didn't put in the mousse I put in the chantilly -I need my monthly chantilly fix-.
I know, shame on me but I just love whipped cream sooo muuchh! Anyway the recipe is not very different from the other mousse recipes I've made because you'll need the same basic ingredients except this time you'll replace whipping cream with yogurt. The result was pretty good, light and creamy and the coconut chantilly (I love coconut too) added a tasty and exotic extra flavor that matched perfectly with the strawberries.



Ingredients:

for the mousse:
- 250gr strawberries
- 500gr yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 50gr sugar/20gr sugar for the egg whites
- a pinch of agar-agar
- 3 egg whites
- a pinch of salt

for the chantilly:
- 30cl whipping cream
- 30cl coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar


Directions:

For the chantilly:
1) We'll start with the coconut chantilly because it's the easiest thing to do if you have a whipped cream dispenser. Add 30cl whipping cream, 30cl coconut milk and 1tbsp sugar in the dispenser. Mix and refrigerate for a few hours.

For the mousse:
1) Start by heating the juice of one lemon and add a pinch of agar-agar.
2) Mix 250gr strawberries with 50gr sugar and add the lemon juice.
3) In a large bowl, add 500gr yogurt (I used a 0% fat yogurt) and incorporate the strawberry puree.
4) In another large bowl, whip 3 egg whites with a pinch of salt until firm. Mix again for a few minutes with 20gr sugar.
5) You can now incorporate the strawberry yogurt into the egg whites and stir slowly with a spatula for a few minutes until the mixture is homogeneous and you get rid of the lumps.
6) Refrigerate for at least 5 hours and add the coconut chantilly on top before serving.

Enjoy, K.

No comments: