We're finally back! Sorry for the unexcused absence but we were busy working and passing exams. But fortunately, the winter holidays have finally come and that means we have time to cook -and enjoy Christmas food yeahh. We've decided to cook something new for us: pizza. So here is a simple, quick, and tasty recipe what will cheer you up and help you face the chilly winter days.
PS: we've made a surprising -but yet agreable- discovery with this pizza: the combination of the baked coppa with the caramelized tastes like roasted duck !
for the pizza dough
- 450g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tp sugar
- 1/2 tp salt
- 300ml warm water
- 1 tp baking powder
- 2 tb olive oil + 1 tp for the mould
for the topping
- 5 coppa ham slices
- 2 handful arugula
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tb red wine vinegar
- 1 tb olive oil
- 50 g goat cheese
- 2 tb tomato sauce (we've used a can of garlic and tomato sauce)
-1 tb grated parmesan cheese
- We've made the dough thanks to a bread making machine but your pizza dough recipe will make it perfectly.
Preheat the oven 240°C
1) Caramelize the onion: cut it into thin slices. In a frying pan, put the onion slices with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar. Caramelize for 5 min until brown. Remove from heat.
2) Spread the pizza dough in a mould or on parchment paper.
3) Spread the tomato sauce on it. Then add the caramelized onion, a handful arugula, the coppa slices and finish by the goat cheese. Drizzle olive oil.
4) Cook for about 30min until the dough is golden. Remove from heat. Add the parmesan cheese and another handful of arugula.