Thursday, October 27, 2011
Food for Fall - Broccoli and Potato Soup.
Fall has eventually come. It's time for soup !
for 4 plates
- 1 broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 8 potatoes
- 2 onions
- olive oil
- a handful of chopped flat-leaved parsley
- pepper and salt
- chopped ham (optional)
1) Peel the carrrots and the potatoes. Slice the broccoli and the carrots; dice the potatoes.
2) Chop the onions
3) In a large pot, heat the oil and add the onions. Saute until tender.
4) Add the potatoes; saute for about 5 minutes.
5) Add the other vegetables; Cover with water and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat when boiling, and cover the pot. Cook until every vegetable is done and tender.
6) Mix in a blender. Season and add some chopped parsley (and chopped ham) on top of the soup before serving.