Sunday, February 13, 2011

Orange blossom water pound cake and papaya salad



It's cold here and it's cloudy, and it's going to rain (according to the weather forecast). So yes I want summer, I want holidays, I want white sand and hot blue water, I want to drink a cocktail on a beach and eat exotic fruits, but "you can't always get what you want" as they say. But If I can't go on a sunny exotic island, maybe the island will come to me.


I don't really think pound cakes are exotic but it depends on what you put in it and what you eat with it. You can turn a pound cake into almost anything. I added orange blossom water to reach Middle East and a papaya salad to finally land in Paradise.


For the pound cake :

Ingredients :

- 200 gr flour
- 200 gr sugar
- 200 gr butter (if you're on a diet, please don't try this at home)
- 200 gr eggs = about 4 or 5 eggs
- 2 tbspoon orange blossom water
- 1 tspoon baking soda
- 1 tspoon baking powder

Directions :

Quick and easy, you just need to add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix for about five minutes until you get an homogenous texture. Put in 455° F oven for 40 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes.

For the papaya salad :

Ingredients :

- 1 papaya
- 1 tspoon honey
- 1 tspoon coconut milk

Directions :

Cut the papaya into small cubes, add 1 tspoon honey, 1 tspoon coconut milk, mix together and place in the freezer for 20 minutes to get a refreshing exotic salad.
This is how I turn a pound cake into an exotic pound cake and an exotic pound cake into an imaginary flight ticket. Enjoy!

By K.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your bread and salad sound delicious. I've never had a papaya salad. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

KandB. said...

Thanks Mary.